Interlake HS - Outdoor Construction Shop Bid
Prebid Date8/22/23 10:00am
Bid Date8/31/23 1:00pm
Company & Contacts
BELLEVUE SCHOOL DISTRICT 405
INTERLAKE HS- OUTDOOR CONSTRUCTION SHOP INVITATION TO BID
PART 1 – GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Project Name: INTERLAKE HS – OUTDOOR CONSTRUCTION SHOP
and Location: 16245 NE 24th St, Bellevue, WA 98008
Public Works Bid # 340:0831
2. Owner: Bellevue School District #405
12037 NE 5th ST Bellevue, WA 98005
Contact: Cyndi King
3. Bid Date/ Time: August 31st, 2023 /Sealed bids are due at 1:00 PM. Bids will be read aloud at 1:00 PM. Time as determined by the designated bid clock at said location.
4. Location of Bid: The Office of the Manager of Capital Construction, Bellevue School District No. 405, 12037 NE 5th Street, MSC Building, Bellevue, Washington, 98005
5. Pre-Bid Meeting Mandatory: August 22nd, 2023, 10:00 AM @ Interlake High School, Wood
Shop, (south parking lot), 16245 NE 24th St, Bellevue, WA 98008
Note: Attendance at the Pre-Bid Conference is MANDATORY for any General Contractors submitting a bid this project, a representative is to be in attendance and sign in at the pre-bid Conference. Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Demolition and Abatement subcontractors are encouraged to attend, though it is not mandatory for Sub-contractors.
6. Architect: SMA (Sierra-Martin Architects)
11508 NE 20th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004
Contact: Carlos Sierra
7. Description of Work: Construction of IHS Outdoor Construction Shop consists of a one- story open building with storage rooms attached and related utilities. Project includes site improvements The estimate of probable COSTS for construction is $930,000.
8. Schedule: Start Construction: September 11th, 2023
Substantial Completion*: Phase 1: March 28th, 2024
Phase 2: June 21st, 2024
*See Section 011100 – Summary of Work for
CRITICAL PHASING DATES & REQUIREMENTS.
PART 2 – BID DOCUMENTS
1. “Drawings, specifications, addenda, and self-registered bidders list for this project are also made available through the Bellevue School District’s on-line plan room. Free of charge access is provided to Prime Bidders, Subcontractors, and Vendors by going to: “http://bxwa.com” and clicking on: “Posted Projects”; “Public Works”, “Bellevue School District”, and “Projects Bidding”. Bidders are encouraged to “Register” in order to receive automatic email notification of future addenda and to be placed on the “Bidders List”. This on-line plan room provides Bidders with fully usable on-line documents; with the ability to: download, print to your own printer, order full / partial plan sets from numerous reprographic sources (on-line print order form), and a free
on-line digitizer / take-off tool. Contact Builders Exchange of Washington at 425-258-1303 should you require assistance.
2. Bid Documents may also be viewed and ordered through Digital Reprographics. 12880 NE 21st Pl Bellevue, WA 98005 (425) 882-2600 See www. http://drsi.net/ (click on “VISIT PLANROOM” at the bottom of the page and choose the IHS Outdoor Construction Shop or http://bxwa.com (go to “Posted Projects”; “Public Works”, “Bellevue School District” and “Projects Bidding”).
3. Copies of the Contract Documents may be at Digital Reprographics upon a deposit of $500 for each set of documents; check made payable to Bellevue School District No. 405. Deposit will be refunded upon return of sets in good condition within 10 days following bid opening. General contractors may receive (2) two complete sets. Prime Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical and Civil sub-contractors may receive (1) one complete set. Shipping shall be payable by contractor to Digital Reprographics.
4. All Plan holders and prospective bidders are encouraged and expected to Register on each website in order to receive automatic email notification of future addenda and to be placed on the Bidders List.
5. Drawings and specifications may be examined at the following Plan Centers:
Daily Journal of Commerce Seattle, 83 Columbia St. Suite 200, Seattle, WA 206-622-8272
Builders Exchange, 2607 Wetmore Ave, Everett, WA 425-258-1303
6. Bid Bond: A Bid Deposit of five percent (5%) of the amount of the base bid is required and must either be a surety bond, postal money order, cash, cashiers’ check or certified check. All Bid Deposits will be returned upon receipt and acceptance of completed Performance and Payment Bond, Certificate of Insurance, and signed Contract Agreement of the successful bidder.
The Board of Directors of Bellevue School District No. 405 reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any informality. No bidder may withdraw his bid after the hour set for the receiving thereof or before award of Contract, unless said award is delayed for a period exceeding thirty (30) days.
Cyndi King, Director of Capital Projects
Bellevue School District No. 405
King County, Washington
2 times: Seattle Times and Daily Journal of Commerce August 10th, 2023
Seattle Times and Daily Journal of Commerce Aufgust 17th, 2023