Old Sunset School Demolition
Prebid Date8/2/23 1:00pm
Bid Date8/10/23 1:00pm
Company & Contacts
3810 132nd Ave SE, Bellevue, WA
BELLEVUE SCHOOL DISTRICT 405
OLD SUNSET SCHOOL DEMOLITION INVITATION TO BID
PART 1 – GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Project Name: Old Sunset School Demolition
and Location: 3810 132nd Ave SE, Bellevue, WA
Bellevue, WA 98007
Public Works Bid # 339:0823
2. Owner: Bellevue School District #405
12037 NE 5th ST Bellevue, WA 98005
Contact: Cyndi King
3. Bid Date/ Time: August 10th, 2023 /Sealed bids are due at 1:00 PM. Subcontractor
Time as determined by the designated bid clock at said location.
4. Location of Bid: The Office of the Manager of Capital Construction, Bellevue School District No. 405, 12037 NE 5th Street, MSC Building, Bellevue, Washington, 98005
5. Pre-Bid Meeting: August 2nd, 2023, 1:00 PM @ Old Sunset Elementary (Puesta del
Sol Elementary), 3810 132nd Ave SE, Bellevue, WA 98006
Note: Attendance at the Pre-Bid Conference is recommended for any Contractors submitting a bid this project, representatives in attendance will sign in at the pre-bid Conference.
6. Architect: SMA (Sierra-Martin Architects)
11508 NE 20th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004
Contact: Carlos Sierra
7. Description of Work: Selective demolition of the above grade portions of select buildings including classroom pods 1 through 7, 3 portable classrooms, portions of covered walkways, and covered play area, and limited play equipment behind the existing ELP building. The existing multi- purpose, library, ELP, and administration buildings, covered play #1, and the covered walkways connecting them to each other are to remain.
8. Schedule: Start Construction: August 21st, 2023
Substantial Completion*: September 29th, 2023
*See Section 011100 – Summary of Work for
CRITICAL DATES & REQUIREMENTS.
PART 2 – BID DOCUMENTS
1. “Drawings, specifications, addenda, and self-registered bidders list for this project are also made available through the Bellevue School District’s on-line plan room. Free of charge access is provided to Prime Bidders, Subcontractors, and Vendors by going to: “http://bxwa.com” and clicking on: “Posted Projects”; “Public Works”, “Bellevue School District”, and “Projects Bidding”. Bidders are encouraged to “Register” in order to receive automatic email notification of future addenda and to be placed on the “Bidders List”. This on-line plan room provides Bidders with fully usable on-line documents; with the ability to: download, print to your own printer, order full / partial plan sets from numerous reprographic sources (on-line print order form), and a free
on-line digitizer / take-off tool. Contact Builders Exchange of Washington at 425-258-1303 should you require assistance.
2. Bid Documents may also be viewed and ordered through Digital Reprographics. 12880 NE 21st Pl Bellevue, WA 98005 (425) 882-2600 See www. http://drsi.net/ (click on “VISIT PLANROOM” at the bottom of the page and choose the Old Sunset School Demolition or http://bxwa.com (go to “Posted Projects”; “Public Works”, “Bellevue School District” and “Projects Bidding”).
3. Copies of the Contract Documents may be at Digital Reprographics upon a deposit of $500 for each set of documents; check made payable to Bellevue School District No. 405. Deposit will be refunded upon return of sets in good condition within 10 days following bid opening. General contractors may receive (2) two complete sets. Prime Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical and Civil sub-contractors may receive (1) one complete set. Shipping shall be payable by contractor to Digital Reprographics.
4. All Plan holders and prospective bidders are encouraged and expected to Register on each website in order to receive automatic email notification of future addenda and to be placed on the Bidders List.
5. Drawings and specifications may be examined at the following Plan Centers:
Daily Journal of Commerce Seattle, 83 Columbia St. Suite 200, Seattle, WA 206-622-8272
Builders Exchange, 2607 Wetmore Ave, Everett, WA 425-258-1303
6. Bid Bond: A Bid Deposit of five percent (5%) of the amount of the base bid is required and must either be a surety bond, postal money order, cash, cashiers’ check or certified check. All Bid Deposits will be returned upon receipt and acceptance of completed Performance and Payment Bond, Certificate of Insurance, and signed Contract Agreement of the successful bidder.
The Board of Directors of Bellevue School District No. 405 reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any informality. No bidder may withdraw his bid after the hour set for the receiving thereof or before award of Contract, unless said award is delayed for a period exceeding thirty (30) days.
Cyndi King, Director of Capital Projects
Bellevue School District No. 405
King County, Washington
2 times: Seattle Times and Daily Journal of Commerce July 24th, 2023
Seattle Times and Daily Journal of Commerce July 31st, 2023
END OF SECTION