Puesta del Sol Elementary
Prebid Date11/12/20 12:00 am
Bid Date12/2/20 2:00 pm
Company & Contacts
BELLEVUE SCHOOL DISTRICT 405
PUESTA DEL SOL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL INVITATION TO BID
PART 1 – GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Project Name: Puesta del Sol Elementary School
and Location: 301 151 st PL NE Bellevue, WA 98007
Public Works Bid # 311:1220
2. Owner: Bellevue School District #405
12037 NE 5th ST Bellevue, WA 98005
Contact: Cyndi King
3. Bid Date/ Time: December 2nd, 2020 /Sealed bids will be received no later than
4. Location of Bid: The Office of the Manager of Capital Construction, Bellevue School District No. 405, 12037 NE 5th Street, MSC Building, Bellevue, Washington, 98005
5. Pre-Bid Meeting Mandatory: November 12th, 2020 10:00 AM @ Existing Bellewood School site (New Puesta del Sol Elementary School), 301 151stst PL NE, Bellevue, WA 98007
Note: Attendance at the Pre-Bid Conference is MANDATORY for any General Contractors submitting a bid this project, a representative is to be in attendance and sign in at the pre-bid Conference. Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Demolition and Abatement subcontractors are encouraged to attend, though it is not mandatory for Sub-contractors.
Pre-Bid Conference shall comply with State of Washigton Covid-19 preveventive measures. (Masks are mandatory)
6. Architect: SMA (Sierra-Martin Architects)
11508 NE 20th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004
Contact: Carlos Sierra
7. Description of Work: Construction of a new 96,000 SF elementary school and demolition of the existing 50,000 sf school. The campus will not be occupied during construction. Project includes phased off site street improvements at
151st Place NE and Main Street. The estimate of probable costs for construction is $55 million.
8. Schedule: Start Construction: January 11th, 2021
Substantial Completion*: July 3rd, 2022
*See Section 011100 – Summary of Work for
CRITICAL PHASING DATES & REQUIREMENTS.
PART 2 – BID DOCUMENTS
1. “Drawings, specifications, addenda, and self-registered bidders list for this project are also made available through the Bellevue School District’s on-line plan room. Free of charge access is provided to Prime Bidders, Subcontractors, and Vendors by going to: “http://bxwa.com” and clicking on: “Posted Projects”; “Public Works”, “Bellevue School District”, and “Projects Bidding”. Bidders are encouraged to “Register” in order to receive automatic email notification of
future addenda and to be placed on the “Bidders List”. This on-line plan room provides Bidders with fully usable on-line documents; with the ability to: download, print to your own printer, order full / partial plan sets from numerous reprographic sources (on-line print order form), and a free on-line digitizer / take-off tool. Contact Builders Exchange of Washington at 425-258-1303 should you require assistance.
2. Bid Documents may also be viewed and ordered through Digital Reprographics. 12880 NE 21st Pl Bellevue, WA 98005 (425) 882-2600 See www. http://drsi.net/ (click on “VISIT PLANROOM” at the bottom of the page and choose the Puesta del Sol Elementary School) or http://bxwa.com (go to “Posted Projects”; “Public Works”, “Bellevue School District” and “Projects Bidding”).
3. Copies of the Contract Documents may be at Digital Reprographics upon a deposit of $300 for each set of documents; check made payable to Bellevue School District No. 405. Deposit will be refunded upon return of sets in good condition within 10 days following bid opening. General contractors may receive (2) two complete sets. Prime Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical and Civil sub-contractors may receive (1) one complete set. Shipping shall be payable by contractor to Digital Reprographics.
4. All Plan holders and prospective bidders are encouraged and expected to Register on the each website in order to receive automatic email notification of future addenda and to be placed on the Bidders List.
5. Drawings and specifications may be examined at the following Plan Centers:
Daily Journal of Commerce Seattle, 83 Columbia St. Suite 200, Seattle, WA 206-622-8272
Builders Exchange, 2607 Wetmore Ave, Everett, WA 425-258-1303
6. Bid Bond: A Bid Deposit of five percent (5%) of the amount of the base bid is required and must either be a surety bond, postal money order, cash, cashiers’ check or certified check. All Bid Deposits will be returned upon receipt and acceptance of completed Performance and Payment Bond, Certificate of Insurance, and signed Contract Agreement of the successful bidder.
The Board of Directors of Bellevue School District No. 405 reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any informality. No bidder may withdraw his bid after the hour set for the receiving thereof or before award of Contract, unless said award is delayed for a period exceeding thirty (30) days.
Cyndi King, Capital Construction Project Manager
Bellevue School District No. 405
King County, Washington
2 times: Seattle Times and Daily Journal of Commerce October 21st, 2020
Seattle Times and Daily Journal of Commerce October 28th, 2020
END OF SECTION